With SaaS the offering of
the company is primarily
SaaS is a fancy name for something very simple.
1. A mechanism to get the software to all of your
2. How the users pay for the service.
What makes a product SaaS?
• It’s all on the servers!
• Thin client or a web browser is used to access a SaaS product
• Monthly billing is in place, smaller amounts.
• Maintenance & updates are super easy!
• Customers pay only as long as they use.
• No data is stored locally.
Why do companies prefer SaaS
• They don’t have to make a one time huge purchase and then regret later!
• They are comfortable paying small amounts each month
• No installation required on each employee computer
• All data is already backed up in real time
• No need of local maintenance. All repair and maintenance can be done in
the SaaS product server
• Continuous real time updates to the software.
Compare & Contrast
Huge one time purchase
Updates are slow and difficult to
Takes up a lot of space on local
Data is not backed up
Access only on local machine
No downloads or installation!
Updates are real-time &
It’s all on the cloud
Data is backed up in real time
Access anywhere, anytime!
Quick Recap : What is SaaS?
Method of Distribution