What you will
• Choose your topic.
• Brainstorm your content.
• Write your script.
1. Plan - create a storyboard and script.
2. Images - create slides to go with
3. Sound - add music/voice
4. Publish - send it to iTunes or put in
on the web.
• Create Keynote slides to
accompany your words.
• You can take pictures as well.
How to: Images,
• In Keynote, make sure to change
the slide size to 800 x 800.
• Go to “Inspector”
• Click on the ﬁrst icon, a page.
• Go to slide side, click the arrows.
• Pick “Custom Slide Size.”
• Type 800 x 800.
Create Your Slides
• Take, and or, import pictures.
• Add text.
• You need to send your slides to
• Go to “File.”
• Choose “Send to, iphoto”
• Name a new album and send
• Open Garageband
• Select “Podcast Episode.”
• Bring in your slides.
• Add music if you choose.
• Record your voice.
Publishing & Sharing
• Send to iTunes to be viewed on one computer.
• Export it and burn it to a disk.
• Export it to be put online. (wiki, podbean...)
Sharing & Publishing
• Depending on your version of
Garageband, the sharing options will
either be under “File” or “Share.”
(linked to originals within the slides)
Slide 1, Modiﬁed Podcast Logo with My Headphones
Photoshopped On, by Colleen AF Venable from Flickr
Slide 2, Apple Macbook Setup, by jaudrius from Flickr
Slide 3, Write, by trial from Flickr
Slide 4, Music, by labanex from Flickr
Slide 7, Film Strip by pinachina from Flickr
Slide 13, Music by phil h from Flickr
Slide 17, RCA 40a Microphone by jschneid from Flickr
Slide 19, cd+light=color by nguyendai from Flickr
Slide 21, Retro Apple Logo Fruit Salad by Richard Thomas
Lori P. Sheldon
Aug. 29, 2011
Feb. 17, 2010
An overview of how to create a podcast using a Mac. Related software: Keynote, iPhoto, and Garageband.