• Although many SEOs tend to focus on ranking factors
related to Google, it’s important to not forget other
influential search engines like Bing and Yahoo.
• One advantage of optimizing for Bing is that it isn’t
quite as competitive as Google, so there’s a greater
chance of enjoying a highly successful SEO campaign.
• A recent Searchmetrics study found that although many of the same
factors contributed to SEO success on Bing and Google, only 37.3%
of the domains on the first pages of each search engine were the
same, while only 24.7% of the URL’s were the same.
• Those statistics indicate that there are definitely some major
differences between Bing and Google!
• As you think about optimizing for Bing, make sure that you
emphasize the following strategies, because they correlate with
some of the top ranking factors for the search engine!
• These 3 tips will help you optimize your site for Bing.
1. Get Social
• On Bing, social signals were
shown to have a close
connection with higher
• In fact, social signals
dominated the top of the
list of ranking factors.
• For instance, the top three
ranking factors were
Google +1’s, Facebook
comments, and Facebook
• Tweets and pins were also
near the top of the list.
1. Get Social
• Clearly, it’s super important to
boost your social signals if you
want to rank well on Bing.
• Social signals play a key role in
Google rankings as well, so why
not make social a more
important part of your SEO
• Try using a variety of social sites
in order to connect with a more
diverse group of people.
• Engage with the community to
demonstrate that you are
knowledgeable and interested in
2. Build Up Your Backlinks
• Backlinks are another top ranking factor on Bing, according to this
• Higher numbers of backlinks meant higher rankings, plain and
• Expanding your backlink profile is intrinsically related to how you
approach the rest of your SEO campaign.
• You can use tricks like guest posting to gain more backlinks, but the
best backlinks come from organic interest in your brand.
• The best way to attract that kind of interest? Enhance your social
presence and publish awesome content.
• Both Google and Bing agree - great
content should be at the core of any
strong SEO campaign.
• Searchmetrics found that strong
content correlates almost completely
positively with better rankings.
• The study clearly demonstrates how
great an impact content can have on
your SEO success when you consider
factors like word count, relevant
keywords, links, and titles.
• Improve your content by keeping it
high quality and relevant.
• Both Bing and Google are looking for
content that directly addresses the
concerns of the searcher in an
authoritative voice. If you aren’t
confident about your ability to
produce this kind of great content on
a regular basis, consider working
with a content writing service.
• What are your top tips for
optimizing for Bing?
Content Equals Money is a content
writing service that serves a wide
variety of clients with top-shelf
shareable content. We cater to SEO
marketing agencies as well as small
business, providing content
marketing strategies applicable to
many fields. Whether you need
content for yourself or content for
your clients, Content Equals Money
is the insource Writing Service to
suit your needs!
These tips will help you optimise your SEO for Bing in 2014.