Develop over-arching, integrated theme for the clientGlobal Iconic Luxury Brand#Innovative and #Trending Menswear, Womenswear, and Accessories
Describe key components of your proposal (social media, blogging, PR, commerce... list can go on and on). Show how these component compliment and play off of each other (this will probably cover a few slides)
Propose a budget, timeline (is there a seasonal peak you need to be aware of?) and recommended $$ allocation across various components you're proposing
Ryan Belanger- Burberry Digital Marketing Strategy
Digital Marketing Strategy
Ryan Belanger NMDL Spring 2012
Burberry: Iconic British Luxury Brand Est. 1856
– Online Clutter
– Further digitalization of the brand
– Differentiate from other luxury brands
– Consumer involvement
– Providing new experiences
– Maintaining an Iconic image
Preparing a Digital Marketing Strategy
Captivates: Over-Arching Theme:
Burberry maintains a
seamless appeal to -IconicBritish Luxury
males and females of all design
customer bases. -Innovative fashion
• Public Relations
– This 154-year-old Global Iconic British Luxury Brand continues to
define Innovation in Menswear and Womenswear. Involving the
consumer in this lifestyle is key.
• Social Media/Networking
– Burberry’s largest target market as it spends the most of it’s
marketing budget on Digital Media.
• Burberry Application
– The introduction of the Burberry App will combine the best
features of its website into a user friendly interface providing the
latest Burberry news among many other features.
Burberry leads the way in the Luxury Fashion
world in social media and have tapped into
almost every social networking opportunity.
• Burberry’s Social Media Stats
– Facebook Fans: 12.3 Million
– Twitter Followers: 926 K+
– Youtube Subscribers: 33 K
• Provide latest information on upcoming events,
promotions, features, and fashion trends on all social
networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube).
• 2-way interactive opportunities on social networking
sites with consumer (Twitter mentions).
• Repeat previous “Twitter Fashion show Tweetwalk”
annually to promote it’s global trend to promote
seasonal hype over product lines.
The $.99 Burberry App
• Promotes all functions of their
website with a social networking
integration of Facebook and Twitter
• Custom Seasonal Themes
• Allows for location based services to
search local stores and/or outlets
that sell Burberry products
• Burberry blog for designer trends
and fashion tips
• Provides latest sales promotions
Will allow for the tracking of viewers to
each individual social networking
Burberry page from anywhere in the
Google Google AdWords:
Track impressions, click-through-rates,
Twitter cost-per-click, etc.
Facebook Burberry Application:
App usage measured by the amounts
Blog/App of purchases/downloads as well as the
Facebook and Twitter accounts that
partake in the location based and
forum app services.
Budget for Digital Strategy
• $30 Million
– Covers the 500+ stores in over 50 countries
(location based services and contact numbers)
– Burberry Application development
– Continuation of consumer involvement in social
networking platforms like Facebook and Twitter
One year duration will determine if more or less
funding is needed.
– Burberry allocates %60 of its Marketing Budget to