It is known to have one of the best work atmospheres.
• Nidhi Kampani
• Robin kumar
• Sandeepika Sharma
• Robin Gupta
Introduction to Naukri.com…
• Naukri.com is a job site
operating in India, founded
by Sanjeev Bikhchandani
in March 1997.
• Naukri.com is India’s no. 1
job portal- for job hunters.
• Naukri.com today exist all
over the country and also
have international users.
Case analysis: Backgrounds and facts
Evolution: of the case
• Natural transition from traditional recruitment
to technology enabled solutions.
• Use of internet increased during 1970-1990’s.
• Job-portals: a medium ,which helps bring
employers and job seekers together, the value
proposition is to provide 24x7 access to jobs
for a job seeker and the reduced recruitment
cycle for the employers.
• Falling cost of broadband rising demand for e-
commerce, record growth in internet adoptions and
the availability of computers has made job search to be
the 7th most popular reason for Indians to be online.
• Rising internet penetration i.e. around 4.5%(2005) of
the population of India, e-recruitment is gaining
ground as a preferred medium of seeking jobs and
hiring in India.
• Lots of leading manufacturing companies like LG
Electronics, Havell’s are following the suit of online-
• Due to the keen instinct and growing enthusiasm led to
the development of Naukri.com, online job-site,by Mr.
Sanjeev Bikhchandani in the year 1997.
• Naukri.com became India’s no.1 largest job-site,serving
2000 clients, with 84000 job-listings and 5.5 million
• Naukri.com as a job portal has a 48% market share
making it the no.1 job-site in India. It has three paid
services-Job posting services, Response management
software and Resume database product(RESDEX).
How it serves????????
• Naukri.com provides end to end recruitment
• It allows job seekers to post their resumes for
free at the same time taking a subscription fee
from recruiters to post their job offers.
• It thus creates value for customers and
organizations by connecting people to
people, job seekers to job recruiters.
Problems regarding the case#1
• What should Sanjeev Bikhchandani do to
motivate recruiters to move from Print to
online recruitment to move from print to
Solution to the problem:
• Easy access to live with employment
oppurtunities posted by employees.
• Database accessed by thousands of recruiters
around the globe.
• Best media for JIT Recruitment.
• The most cost-effective method for hiring.
• Private automated notification of job openings
through e-mail and sms.
• Capable of highlighting and and prioritizing
Problem regarding the case#2
• How should naukari.com ensure that it
remains the most prefferd portal both with
job seekers as well as job recruiters?
Solution to the problem:
For job seekers:
• Keep your job search confidential.
• Reach to over 5000 recruiters.
• Get job alerts in your inbox.
• Apply to jobs from your mobile.
• For recruiters:
• Due to the emergence of internet as a powerful
tool for recruiters and HR managers.
• Eliminate a long lead time by reducing hiring
cycles like if a vacancy arises today it can go up at
naukri.com in hours and you can conduct
interviews by the next day.
• The E-apps application developed by Naukri.com
has been designed keeping in mind the needs of
HR managers and recruiters.
• New online venture for the gulf, Naukri Gulf
will givw jobs to middle east recruiters and
• Naukri.com in association with CNBC TV18
also launched India’s first ever job-show:
CNBCTV18 + Naukari.com
• It has the experience of being in the market for almost a
• Over 150 million pages views per month.
• Over 2,00,000 live job at any point of time.
• The site design has received great acceptance among
• It has a large market share while monsterindia and Times
jobs are far behind.
• It is known to have one of the best work atmospheres.
• It has recoginised as the best indian job site by “bussiness
• There is a high level of attrition.
• Employer Branding on Naukri.com is hardly
visible which is a major product flaw on the
Opportunities And Threats
• Internet users are increasing day by day. Approximately, 7.5 million
urban Indians are using the net.
• Further, with broadband infrastructure being rolled out, there are
more opportunities on the net.
• SHIKSHA.com and JEEVANSAATHI.com are the group portals of
naukri.com and have great potential
• Chances are that many more potential competitors may gain entry
into the market.
• It is quite possible that any one of the players may also provide
value-added services to clients like conducting preliminary
Issues as per the case:
• High volume of candidates !!!!!!
• Recruitment consultancy entering with their
own online portal!!
• Competition from foreign like monster.com
are coming to India!!!!
• Identification of right kind of candidates!!!!!!!
• Low cost guerilla brand buliding !!!!