msc nsg 1st yr
OBJECTIVES OF CLASS
At the end of the class the group will be able
to understand and know the use of flash card,
cartoons, and comics strip
• Specific objectives:
1. Define flash card, Enlist uses of flash card and
2. Define cartoons, Enlist uses of cartoons and
3. Define comic, Enlist features of comic and
• Small compact cards, which flashed before the class to bring any idea.
• Provide variety and activity by using simple drawing or photographs.
• Card generally 25x30 cm size
• They may be used for reviewing a lesson with students.
Preparation of Flash card
Cut a chart paper into 4 equal parts
Write content with stencils and sketch
Height of writing on flash card approximately 5 cm
Make a rough card on ordinary paper first
Then transfer it on the chart paper
Uses of Flash card
• Give brief introduction about lesson to students
• Give instructions to students about their actions while
you Flash the cards
• Flash the cards in front of the class by holding it high
with both hands
• Let the students respond as per instructions already
• Test the learning by additional flash cards
• Review the lesson by selectively using flash cards
Advantages of Flash card
1. Can be used for introduction and presentation
2. Apply information already gained by students
3. Help in review the topic
4. Develop cognitive and recalling abilities
5. Used for playing educational games for learning
• Not useful for large
• Time consuming
to prepare the
“A Cartoon is humorous caricature which gives a subtle
message. It has an instantaneous visual appeal and a
“A Cartoon is a figurative and subtle graphic aid”.
Advantages of Cartoons
• Effectively initiate certain lesson.
• Used to motivate students to start a discussion.
• Making lesson lively and interesting.
“A Comic is a graphic depiction in a series of picture or sketches of
some characters and events full of action”.
This medium of communication is found very interesting and
exciting by children:
-for telling stories
-scientific process etc.
Features of comics
• The comic strips can be very effective for making long stories
• Large no. of comic strips depicting long continuous episodes
• A large no. of comic books and magazines are available in India; eg:
-Amar chitra katha
-Indrajal comics etc.
Advantages of comics
• Courage and spirit
• Reality and involvement
Disadvantages of comics
• Misguiding children with characters of supernatural power
• Hamper the development of language
• Develop in children to ignore and bypass the original work
• Gives obsession with young children and they avoid serious studies
• BT Basvanthappa, “Nursing education”,2nd edition, published by jaypee brothers
(p) LTD; page no. 587-604.
• KP Neerja, “Textbook of nursing education” first edition, published by jaypee
brothers, page no. 207-216.
• Anurag bhai patidar, “Communication and nursing education” ,first edition,
published by pearson, page no. 170-171.