1. Pick a simple and short username (this is your brand)
2. Create a personal profile that tells a story
3. Upload a good picture (no eggheads!)
4. Include your LinkedIn URL in your bio
5. Listen first, find your voice
6. Follow influencers and experts in your field; Subscribe to lists
7. Share things that are useful and relevant to your followers
8. Do no just self-promote or share your stuff
9. Engage with your followers (@reply, RT and mention)
10. Use #hashtags – example is #INBOUND15
Social Selling: It’s not a one-off
• Executive Sponsorship
• Program Owner
• Alignment: Marketing,
Sales, Sales Enablement,
Sales Training, Sales Ops
• Sustainable training
– 101, 201, 301
– Live and eLearning
• Provide repository to store
• Deliver content calendars
to make sharing easy
• Celebrate successes
• Share best practices &
• Embed in process &
• Recognition & Rewards
• Track results
5 Things for Sales Reps to do Right Away!
• Optimize your LinkedIn profile for the Buyer; not the Recruiter.
• Personalize your LinkedIn Invites – ALWAYS!!
• Expand your Professional Network. ABC = Always Be Connecting.
Leverage your College Alumni.
• Follow Influencers and SHARE their content.
• Follow your Customers (and Partners) on LinkedIn & Twitter.